This is one of my favorite places to run! Before Ironman Texas I would come out here over and over, sometimes to train and sometimes to sit, and I would visualize racing and becoming an Ironman. Now I come out here to relive and celebrate making that dream come true.
Visualization is such an important and productive tool. No matter how hard you work, if you don't have the proper mindset you're going to be held back. Just like you train your body you have to train your mind.
Visualization is an excellent tool to use in training and also in recovery.
Here are some tips that help me with visualization.
1. Think about your time leading up to the race/event/goal. Be specific with the details. What are you wearing? How are you preparing? What emotions are you feeling?
2. Imagine yourself at the start line. Showing up is sometimes half the battle. Think of the sounds, the feelings, the electricity of the start line.
3. Imagine yourself at very specific times throughout the course. What are you doing? How do you feel? What are you doing to ensure success?
4. Cross that finish line! Every time you visual make sure you see yourself at the finish line. Look at the expression on your face. Hear the crowd. How are you crossing the finish?
5. NEVER envision failure! Don't ever make this an option. Wipe any of these thoughts from your head and replace them immediately with images of success.
6. Plan your celebration! Imagine how you will celebrate with your friends and family!
Visualize it, train for it, do it! It CAN be done!!
Seriously love this skirt!!
And July 15-31 Enso Sports Skirts is having their Midsummer sale - 25% off and free shipping!